Futurism was an Italian political ideology which was authoritarian, economically third position and culturally far-left with cultural far-right sympathies.
Futurism believes in rejecting anything from the past as much as possible, as well as the cultivation and normalisation of extreme violence. Futurism is heavily influential to the rise of Fascism in Italy, and subsequently around the world.
Futurism began as an Avant-Garde movement on February 5th, 1909 in Italy when Filippo Tommaso Emilio Marinetti published "The Manifesto of Futurism" in the magazine La gazzetta dell'Emilia, later republished in the French newspaper Le Figaro. Futurism was characterised by a fetishisation of everything new: industry, technology, automobiles, planes, youth, speed and violence, and conversely a rejection of anything seen as old. Futurism often had nothing in the way of limits, seeking to offend more than to please, futurist plays would often involve their audience in non-consenting ways like glueing their clothes to their seats.
Futurism however was just as much a political movement as it was an artistic one. The ideology not only loathed anything that glorified the past or present, but often stood in the way of progressive, pacifistic or any movement that wasn't ultranationalist, with many futurists openly declaring themselves enemies of such movements.
In 1918, Marinetti founded the Futurist Political Party, which espoused much of the political philosophy of the movement, though it would merge into Benito Mussolini's Fasci Italiani di Combattimento, allowing the art style to flourish as the official style of Fascist Italy.
In contemporary times, Futurism is essentially dead as both a political and artistic movement. Although recent interest in the ideology has come from the Hearts of Iron IV mod: Red Flood.
Personality and Behaviour
Futurist is often written as a manic artist who is obsessed with things that are new and go fast. If he is angered (which is very easy to do), he will immediately resort to violence.
Futurist is constantly obsessed with speed. This can result in him suddenly yelling in all-caps, all bolded or even having his words run into each other with no spaces.
How to Draw
Futurist Political Party Design
- Draw a ball
- Fill the space below with Navy Blue.
- Draw a white sword and laurel wreath
- Draw the eyes and you're done!
|Navy Blue||#000040||0, 0, 64|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Draw a ball.
- Fill in with black.
- Draw a red ring.
- Draw white stars inside and around the ring.
- Draw a blue symbol.
- Draw in the eyes.
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
|Red||#FF0000||255, 0, 0|
|Strong Cobalt Blue||#2F5BB3||47, 91, 179|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Accelerationism - FASTER FASTER FASTER FASTER FASTER!!!
- Homonationalism - Hey there, sexy ~.
- Fascism - My based brother. I helped him gain control of Italy, you know!
- Transhumanism - Good to see that you understand what's so appealing about technology.
- Post-Humanism - You're like that last guy, but even better!
- Technocracy - Ooh, new and exciting! Would you consider a country run by artists?
- Social Darwinism - You like violence? So do I!
- Anti-Realism - This "realicide" of yours sounds neat! Down with realism!
- Georgism - Landlords don't nyoom.
- Republicanism - Kings are a thing of the past!
- Reactionary Modernism- You like tech and hate progressives? based but get more violent!
- National Transhumanism- I like your robot arms but what's with this race war bullshit?
- National Socialism - I like your nationalism, but stop LARPing with the Teutonic Prussian shit lol.
- Archeofuturism- I like your love of technology but why do you care so much about monkeys?
- Cosmicism- I like the fact you're looking at the future but why do you have to be so depressing?
- Socialist Transhumanism - While I appreciate your love of technology, I refuse to be around a leftie.
- Marxism–Leninism - YOU BANNED FUTURIST ART, HOW DARE YOU!!!
- Anarcho-Primitivism - NOOO! You can't just go back! We need to keep going towards the heckin' futurino!!
- Primal Primitivism - You're like that last guy, but even worse!
- Neoluddism - You may be not as bad as the previous two, but you're still against progress and technology.
- Moderatism - Damn modernists.
- Conservatism - Ok boomer.
- Classical Conservatism - You're even lamer than the last guy.
- Anarcho-Communism - You are everything I hate.
- Anarcho-Pacifism - YOU WEAKLING!
- Council Communism - YOU ARE AN ENEMY TO THE FRENCH PEOPLE!
- Syndicalism / Anarcho-Syndicalism - Red Flood is way better than Kaiserreich!
- Monarchism - Boomer who backstabbed my brother!
- The Futurist Manifesto (1909) by Filippo Tommaso Marinetti
- Manifesto of the Italian Futurist Political Party (1918) (Italian) by Filippo Tommaso Marinetti
- Manifesto of the Fasci of Combat by Alceste De Ambris and Filippo Tommaso Marinetti
- Futurism and Constructivism: Crash Course Theater #39 by CrashCourse
- FUTURISM Explained by Jackson Kliewer
- Italian Futurism: Boisterous, right-wing and prescient by The Economist
- The Foundation & Manifesto of Futurism by Cultured Thug
- The Futurist Manifesto: '8. We are on the extreme promontory of the centuries! What is the use of looking behind at the moment when we must open the mysterious shutters of the impossible? Time and Space died yesterday. We are already living in the absolute, since we have already created eternal, omnipresent speed.'
- The F-words, or How Futurism Helped Fascism: 'The toxic political atmosphere of interwar Italy had a significant impact on futurism. Countless futurist works of art during the Fascist regime depicted Mussolini as a powerful leader who would help Italy prosper through his leadership and totalitarian rule. Futurist art intended to inspire nationalist feelings among Italians by promoting ideas of national unity, strength, and militarism, and by displaying Fascist symbols. Futurism gave Fascist propaganda a veneer of artistic legitimacy while Fascism gave futurists official recognition and funding. However problematic, this alliance between artists and politicians helped further each group’s respective goals.'
- The Futurist Manifesto: '11.We will sing of the great crowds agitated by work, pleasure and revolt; the multi-colored and polyphonic surf of revolutions in modern capitals: the nocturnal vibration of the arsenals and the workshops beneath their violent electric moons: the gluttonous railway stations devouring smoking serpents; factories suspended from the clouds by the thread of their smoke; bridges with the leap of gymnasts flung across the diabolic cutlery of sunny rivers: adventurous steamers sniffing the horizon; great-breasted locomotives, puffing on the rails like enormous steel horses with long tubes for bridle, and the gliding flight of aeroplanes whose propeller sounds like the flapping of a flag and the applause of enthusiastic crowds.'
- The Futurist Manifesto:'9. We want to glorify war — the only cure for the world — militarism, patriotism, the destructive gesture of the anarchists, the beautiful ideas which kill'
- The Manifesto of the Italian Futurist Party: '5. To replace the current rhetorical and quietist anti-clericalism with an anti-clericalism of action, violent and cut, to free Italy and Rome from its theocratic Middle Ages which will be able to choose a suitable land where to die slowly. Our very uncompromising and integral anti-clericalism constitutes the basis of our political program, does not admit half terms or transactions, clearly demands expulsion.'
|LGBT - The Pride Gayngsters|
|Canon||FALGSC • Futurism • Gender Accelerationism • Homonationalism • LGBT Conservatism • Pink Capitalism • Queer Anarchism • Stransserism • Xenofeminism|